Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Job: Writer

I am very excited to be given the job of writer. The reason I wanted the job in the first place was because I knew I would be able to bring good ideas to the table. Once we started watching the Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DeCaprio, that really pushed me to be a writer because it showed me the limitless different things you could do to the story as a writer. I am looking forward to writing the first scene of Act III because that is the first part where everything in the story begins to go down hill for the characters. Since we are changing the language of the original play, I have started to think what modern terms I should use and not use. Another thing that is exciting me is that the Van Meter kids look really excited about this project too. When we skyped with them, they seemed really open to ideas that we had to offer. This is all shaping up to be a fun project, and hopefully it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment